The Different Causes Of Back Pains
A lot of people complain about experiencing back pains. You might be experiencing back pain yourself. Aside from the fact that it is painful, it can also limit your movements when going about your chores and tasks.
There are actually various reasons of back pains. Here are a couple of them:
Your back pain may be a result of your strong emotions, most especially if you feel a lot of stress. Stress usually leads to muscle tensions in your back. Anxiety and depression also contribute to the pain.
The kind of lifestyle that you have is also a contributing factor for your back pain. Sitting a lot and not exercising can cause this condition. Your back pain will also worsen if you lift heavy objects or slouch while you sit at your desk.
Injuries and Accidents
You can also feel back pains if you get into an accident and suffer from injuries. These are the common injuries or accidents that trigger the pain in your back.
- Spasms – The tendons and muscles of your back may be torn apart while you play sports games or when doing weightlifting sessions.
- Sprains or strains – You might get these if you lift something and twist your back muscles at the same time. Most of the time, these are due to sports injuries or vehicular accidents.
- Spinal fractures – After a fall or a hit to the back, you can experience spinal fractures and cause your back to be painful.
Medical conditions related to the spine
Back pain can be a symptom of a medical condition that is related to your spine. In this case, a doctor will need to examine your spinal cord to check what causes you to feel pain on your back. Some of these medical conditions are:
- Degenerative disc disease – This condition is usually prominent among older people. The disks found between your spinal vertebrae tear or shrink. They act as shock absorbers and without them, the bones of your back will rub together.
- Slipped or herniated discs – In this situation, the soft tissues in discs between the joints have come out due to wear and tear. They cause the nerves to press on each other, resulting to pain in such area.
- Bulging discs – The discs protrude in this situation. You feel pain when such discs press on the nerve roots.
To relieve yourself from the pain that you are feeling on your back, you might want to take advantage of a reflexology massage in Chesapeake, Virginia. Get the relief that you need from Relax The Feet. Get in touch with our qualified reflexologists today!